Collection of Information
- We may collect and store your personal data including, without limitation, any information that:
- you provide directly to us including your name, NRIC or passport number, username, password, e-mail address, phone number and other user profile information which you may provide when creating or updating your account with us;
- you obtain, submit, post, display or otherwise transmit on or through the Services and any communications or materials shared between you and other users of the Services or third parties; and/or
- your computer or mobile device provided to us in connection with your access to or use of the Services including your IP address, browser type, log files, access times, unique device identifier, location data, cookie information and requested and referring URLs.
Use of Personal Data
- We may use your personal data for purposes in connection with the Services including, without limitation, any of the following purposes:
- to process your registration for our Services, including sending a SMS to the mobile number provided by you for verification purposes, which you consent to receive;
- to send you information, notices, updates or to otherwise contact you when necessary;
- to help us provide, maintain, develop, test, enhance and personalize our Services to you;
- to diagnose and resolve any problems with the Services;
- to detect or investigate any prohibited, illegal, unauthorized or fraudulent activities;
- to monitor and analyse user activities and demographic data including trends and usage of the Services;
Disclosure of personal data
- We may disclose personal data provided by you to the following parties:
- third parties that require such information as is reasonably necessary to help us provide the Services to you including vendors, advertisers, consultants and advisers of Affinity Tech Pte. Ltd.; and/or
- third parties that require such information in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of substantially all assets or other fundamental corporate change of Affinity Tech Pte. Ltd.
- Any personal data provided to us may be transferred to, stored by or disclosed to an overseas recipient. For example, we may use a server hosted overseas to store your personal data.
- We will take appropriate steps before your personal data is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient provides a standard of protection to personal data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 60 days.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Storage of Personal Data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We maintain important safeguards to ensure the security and privacy of personal data collected by us including security measures to protect the loss, misuse or alternation of such information under our control. Notwithstanding the foregoing, while we strive to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security or privacy of such data or that such data will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- It shall be your sole responsibility for safeguarding and maintaining the confidentiality of your account with us and checking your privacy settings regularly to ensure the privacy of your personal data.
Third Party Services
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of S$10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.